Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hey, look! Years after I set this account up, here's my first post! HI, if you don't know me, I'm Steven, and I'm a first generation RPG Gamer. That is, sitting around a table with friends, junk food, books, papers, and lots of (usually funny shaped) dice. Indulge me a bit with a little pedantic rant.  Where I came from, and when I came up, "gaming" had nothing to do with computers and less to do with gambling. "Gaming", to me, includes tabletop games, but especially the hobby games: tabletop wargames (chits or minis) pen and paper role-playing games (though laptops and tablets are used for reference), and collectible card games. those three types of games are what interest me most, and what I plan to focus on, especially RPGs.

Those of you in the know, probably can tell by the title of this blog, that I have been playing RPGs for a long time.  1980, to be precise, with the Pink box Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set.  So I don't go back as far as some, into the earliest days of wargaming, but I hope at least a few of those guys consider kids like me a kindred spirit. Likewise, though I don't really any collectible card gaming anymore, I do understand them, and consider them, "part of the family", so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment